canine cpr and first aid workshop
be prepared to help treat your pet in the case of an emergency, such as accidental poisoning, choking or heat stroke. through lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice, denise fleck of sunny-dog ink will teach you the skills necessary to help save your dog's life. you'll earn a pet first aid/cpr certification upon completion of class. humans only.
- temporary muzzling and safe approach
- checking vitals: how to find your pet's pulse, respiration, temperature, capillary refill time and hydration
- how to perform a head-to-tail check-up
- rescue breathing and cpr
- bandaging and splinting
- what to do for: bloat, burns, choking, constipation, diarrhea, drowning, electric shock, frostbite, heatstroke, insect stings, poisoning, seizures, shock and snake bites
- how to use the items in your pet first-aid kit
- pet disaster preparedness
denise's class is priceless for dog parents. not only do you learn how to administer canine cpr but also how to react in so many emergency situations. one class gives you critical, life-saving information. hoping i never have to put any of the knowledge into action but so thankful i have it if my dog needs me!
— jenny, enzo's mom